Friends, food, fun, fright?!

What a weekend. {I feel like I’ve been saying that a lot lately, maybe it’s because it’s really the only time I get to spend with my cute hubby since he we don’t see each other until 8:30 or 9 every night}

My last post, I complained about being sick…and I was sick all weekend but when we woke up on Saturday morning I headed straight to the pharmacy to get my mysterious prescription filled. I asked the pharmacist if it would help a sinus infection, because that was my new guess as to what was wrong with me. He looked at me strangely and asked “didn’t your doctor explain this medicine to you?” um no, actually he didn’t. So the pharmacist explained this lovely z-pack to me. He handed me the meds, I took one look at it and started laughing! it was azythromicin! Anyone who knows me, knows that I love the movie The House Bunny and in the movie she talks about how she had an allergic reaction to azythromicin but continued taking it because it made her skin glow. Needless to say, the second I swallowed that pill I turned to Mark and asked him, in my stuffy, congested, 5 year old sounding voice, if my skin was glowing! It was a continuous joke between us all weekend. Mark would look at me randomly and say “oh my gosh! Your skin! It’s glowing!” One time I fell for it and got super excited and looked at my skin…not glowing!

Wow that was a tangent!

Anyways, we lounged around the apartment for most of the day, watching movies on tv, such as 101 dalmatians {the real one, no the cartoon verson}, I love that movie and laughed like a little kid. Then we finally got ready for the day and headed down to Idaho Falls. First stop, Target to exchange my slippers for a larger size so they will be super comfy. The BYU football game was on the radio and I could tell that Mark really wanted to listen. So I told him to just sit in the car and listen to the game while I ran in. He looked so excited and said “thanks, I would just want to spend money on electronics if I went in anyways.”

After target, we went over to the mall to get me some new workout shoes! I was really nervous to have Mark go with me because I thought he would freak out about the price, but he was actually rly encouraging and wanted me to get them. So I am now the proud owner of these beauties!

Then we went to dinner at Olive Garden! Yum! {except I have a really terrible sense of taste right now because I’m sick} but it was a lot of fun and we couldn’t stop laughing due to our waitress {i think she was new}, people around us and memories of coming to Olive Garden for our first Valentine’s day and Mark telling the waitress I was his sister…

We then went to WinCo for the first time. Rexburg groceries are a rip off so we’ve been wanting to try out Winco. It was a pretty good experience. {obviously not as good as Costo/Safeway, but it will do}

Then we got home from IF around 8 and called our friends, The Rocks, to see if they wanted to go to the haunted mill with us. The line was the longest I’ve ever seen! We stood in line for a whole hour! It was the most interesting line I’ve ever seen there. We had some lesbians in front of us, which I’m fairly use to being from the Bay Area, but it’s really weird seeing in Rexburg. It seemed like everyone in line was drinking. Then   a double date of 30 something year olds cut in front of us after we had been in line for 45 minutes. They were wasted and I just kept staring them down, and maybe making some not so quiet remarks to/about them. Sometimes I have a loud mouth and it makes Mark nervous because he thinks he’s going to punched because of me. I thought I was really excited for the haunted mill, until we started going! They changed it a lot this year, lots more crawling and much scarier. I hate feeling scared! The whole time I was holding on to Mark as tight as I could and he kept saying annoying things like “are you ok? what’s wrong?” I just kept saying “Shut up Mark!” I was glad to get out of there, but it was fun.

Last night we had the Sorensons’ and Lisa (Joe had to do hw) over to play Just Dance 3 and make treats! I didn’t get to play because I wasn’t feeling too good still and I was in the middle of making Red Velvet cake balls! It was my first time making them, and they turned out pretty dang good! It was so funny to watch Mark and Brent play just dance by themselves, they were loving it!

We had such a great weekend, obviously! We are so grateful for the wonderful friends we have in our life.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s